登录注册
社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : 水仙 -- 照亮你的一天
lotus 离线
级别: 论坛版主

显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2006-05-23   

水仙 -- 照亮你的一天

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."  --- Alexander Graham Bell

The Daffodil Principle:

Several times my daughter had telephoned to say, "Mother, you must come to see the daffodils before they are over." I wanted to go, but it was a two-hour drive from Laguna to Lake Arrowhead. "I will come next Tuesday", I promised a little reluctantly on her third call.

Next Tuesday dawned cold and rainy. Still, I had promised, and reluctantly I drove there. When I finally walked into Carolyn's house I was welcomed by the joyful sounds of happy children. I delightedly hugged and greeted my grandchildren.

"Forget the daffodils, Carolyn! The road is invisible in these clouds and fog, and there is nothing in the world except you and these children that I want to see badly enough to drive another inch!"

My daughter smiled calmly and said, "We drive in this all the time, Mother." "Well, you won't get me back on the road until it clears, and
then I'm heading for home!" I assured her. "I was hoping you'd take me over to the garage to pick up my car." "How far will we have to drive?"

"Oh...just a few blocks," Carolyn said. "But I'll drive. I'm used to this."

After several minutes, I had to ask, "Where are we going? This isn't the way to the garage!" "We're going to my garage the long way," Carolyn smiled, "by way of the daffodils.""Carolyn," I said sternly, "please turn around."

"It's all right, Mother, I promise. You will never forgive yourself if you miss this experience." After about twenty minutes, we turned onto a small gravel road and I saw a small church. On the far side of the church, I saw a hand lettered sign with an arrow that read, "Daffodil Garden."

We got out of the car, each took a child's hand, and I followed Carolyn down the path. Then, as we turned a corner, I looked up and gasped. Before me lay the most glorious sight. It looked as though someone had taken a great vat of gold and poured it over the mountain peak and it's surrounding slopes. The flowers were planted in majestic, swirling patterns, great ribbons and swaths of deep orange, creamy white, lemon yellow, salmon pink, and saffron and butter yellow. Each different-colored variety was planted in large groups so that it swirled and flowed like its own river with its own unique hue. There were five acres of flowers.

"Who did this?" I asked Carolyn. "Just one woman," Carolyn answered. "She lives on the property. That's her home." Carolyn pointed to a well kept A-frame house, small and modestly sitting in the midst of all that glory. We walked up to the house.

On the patio, we saw a poster. "Answers to the Questions I Know You Are Asking" was the headline. The first answer was a simple one. "50,000 bulbs," it read. The second answer was, "One at a time, by one woman. Two hands, two feet, and one brain." The third answer was, "Began in 1958."

For me, that moment was a life-changing experience. I thought of this woman whom I had never met, who, more than forty years before, had begun, one bulb at a time, to bring her vision of beauty and joy to an obscure mountaintop. Planting one bulb at a time, year after year, this unknown woman had forever changed the world in which she lived. One day at a time, she had created something of extraordinary magnificence, beauty, and inspiration. The principle her daffodil garden taught is one of the greatest principles of celebration. That is, learning to move toward our goals and desires one step at a time--often just one baby-step at time--and learning to love the doing, learning to use the accumulation of time. When we multiply tiny pieces of time with small increments of daily effort, we too will find we can accomplish magnificent things. We can change the world.

"It makes me sad in a way," I admitted to Carolyn. "What might I have accomplished if I had thought of a wonderful goal thirty-five or forty years ago and had worked away at it 'one bulb at a time' through all those years? Just think what I might have been able to achieve!"

My daughter summed up the message of the day in her usual direct way. "Start tomorrow," she said. She was right. It's so pointless to think of the lost hours of yesterdays. The way to make learning a lesson of celebration instead of a cause for regret is to only ask, "How can I put this to use today?"

Use the Daffodil Principle. Stop waiting.....
Until your car or home is paid off
Until you get a new car or home
Until your kids leave the house
Until you go back to school
Until you finish school
Until you clean the house
Until you organize the garage
Until you clean off your desk
Until you lose 10 lbs.
Until you gain 10 lbs.
Until you get married
Until you get a divorce
Until you have kids
Until the kids go to school
Until you retire
Until summer
Until spring
Until winter
Until fall
Until you die...

There is no better time than right now to be happy. Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Sooo. . .
Work like you don't need money;
Love like you've never been hurt; and
Dance like no one's watching.
If you want to brighten someone's day, pass this on to someone special.
I just did!

Wishing you a beautiful, daffodil day!
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
我随你
Ling1984 离线

显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2006-05-23   
Lotus, you have planted a daffodil on my field.    
lotus 离线

显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2006-05-24   
我的一棵太少,你自己要天天种就好
我随你
Ling1984 离线

显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2006-05-24   
種了1+n 棵   做完了功課   這會儿又來找瓜子嗑嗑   我說妳得把英文抹抹   譯成中文才有播種成果
lotus 离线

显示用户信息 
地下室  发表于: 2006-05-24   
既然你有时间,不如把瓜子先放下, 譯成中文吧
我随你
pingping 离线
显示用户信息 
5楼  发表于: 2006-05-24   
前年冬天从 Home Depot 买过一盆很茂盛的水仙,给春节添了许多馨香,书上说水仙的球根要精心处理后放冰箱,有好多步骤,请教同事,说就种到地里,南加州暖和,不会冻坏,当然按简单的办,就埋在了背阴的墙角。没有管她,她就自然生叶,开花,虽然花开的不似在盆里繁茂,仍给我带来喜悦--毕竟,没花我什么功夫。今年早春的一天,劳工突然问我:你种的蒜苗能不能吃了?我愣住,我哪有种什么蒜苗?随即醒悟,居然把水仙当成蒜苗,叔可忍婶不可忍!不过,水仙除了色,香之外,又给我们带来欢笑,真是好花!
Ling1984 离线

显示用户信息 
6楼  发表于: 2006-05-24   
“當一扇門關閉必有另一扇門開啟 然而我們總是過於懊悔凝望已關的那一扇 看不見開啟的新風光”
譯語來自 Alexander Graham Bell

水仙花要律﹕

女儿已多次在電話裡說 “媽 你必須在水仙凋落前來看它們”
我是想去 但從 Laguna 到 Arrowhead 湖 可是兩小時車程距離
“我會在下星期二過去” 和女儿第三次通話中 我心帶不甘地承諾

星期二曙光中微雨帶寒 我既已應允 只有不情願地開往那裡
當我最終步入 Carolyn 的屋子 迎我而來的是歡呼雀躍的孩子
我欣然擁抱招呼孫儿女們

“別管水仙了 Carolyn, 這路在雲霧中根本看不清 何況在這世上 除了妳和這些孩子們
沒有其他是我願意再開上一寸路衷心期盼去看的“
女儿平靜地笑說 ”我們一直都是這樣天氣下開車的 媽媽“
我只好肯定的回說 ”好吧 妳得等天開晴些再上路   之后我就回家“
”我只是希望開到修車廠   拿回送修的車“
“這到底要開多遠呢﹖”
”啊 不過幾條街罷了 由我開車 我已習慣了“ Carolyn 說

上路后幾分鐘我又問 “我們到底要去哪儿呢 這不是去修車廠的路”
Carolyn 笑著說 “我繞了遠路 繞了水仙花的路”
我堅決的說 “Carolyn﹗” “請迴轉到原路”
“沒關係的 媽媽 我保證   如果妳錯失了這樣的經驗 妳永遠不會原諒自己的”
約莫經過 20 分鐘 我們轉進一條碎石路 我看見一間小教堂
遠離教堂的一邊 我看見手工雕作帶著箭頭的標誌 寫著 “水仙花園”

下了車 一人牽著一個孩子的手 我跟著Carolyn的腳步路徑走
正轉了彎   我往上看 倒吸了一口氣   映入眼帘的是前所未見令人讚嘆的景象
就如有人潑灑了滿桶熔金在山巔 流瀉而下整個山坡
花朵是精心排列組合 流暢設計而種的 蝴蝶結和帶狀 洋溢著 深桔 乳白 檸檬黃 粉鮭魚 桔黃顏色
每種顏色種得如河流般凸顯自己的獨特色澤   總共有五畝地的花

“誰作的﹖” 我問 Carolyn “只一個女人” Carolyn 回答 “她住這片地產上 那儿就是她家”

Carolyn 指著一間保養極好小而適宜的A形房屋佇立在這令人讚嘆景象中 我們走向屋去
在入口陽台處 我們看到了告示牌   標題寫著 “解答給我知道你將要問的問題”
第一個解答簡單   寫著 “50,000 株”
第二個解答是 “一次一株 一個女人雙手 雙腳 頭入投入”
第三個解答是 “始自 1958"

對我而言 這時刻是改變一生的經驗 我想著這素昧平生的女人 40 年前開始一次一株
開展她的靈 美視眼 愉悅 在空無的山上 日複一日 年複一年 接種著 而陌生的她已經永世改變
她所處的周遭世界   每天一次 她創造了無比的莊嚴美麗激勵 她的水仙花園所育教義就是最大
喜樂的要律 那就是學著往你的目標邁進 一次一小步 如同學步嬰儿   鍾愛著這過程
學著善用時間的積累 當我們倍數放乘小小單日努力一事時間 積累之后就能成就大事 改變世界
lotus 离线

显示用户信息 
7楼  发表于: 2006-05-24   
Ling1984说干就干,真是快手
我随你
lotus 离线

显示用户信息 
8楼  发表于: 2006-05-24   
译(续)

“这让我有些悲哀,”我向Carolyn坦白,“如果我在35或40年前有一个远大目标, 然后坚持“一次种一个花茎”地努力,一直到今天,我可能会做成什么事情呢? 想想吧,我原本能够取得什么样的成就. “
我随你
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
3 * 6 = ? 正确答案:18
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交