lotus 离线
级别: 论坛版主

显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2011-08-10   

猜一猜

前一阵子震惊世界的挪威恐怖分子布雷维克 写有一本长达1500页的小册子 NBO&VYs|  
eXCH*vZY  
在694 到 695页, 写了有关中国的部分 ;|.IUXEgcF  
“I remember when I was in Shanghai a few years ago. During my three week stay I had more than 10 people asking me to take a photograph with them. Apparently, the Nordic appearance is a relatively rare sight, especially for rural Chinese visiting the big cities during their vacation. While this can be a charming and even a flattering experience, having a mob of people constantly glaring at you all day long is a psychological burden. 。。。During my stay in Shanghai there were 5 attempts to Shanghai me (they target Europeans), one was unfortunately successful (30 Euro demanded for a simple 1 Euro dish). #IxCI)!I{[  
我记得几年前我在上海的三周里,有十几个人要跟我合影。显然这里人们很少见到北欧人,尤其对来上海旅行的农民。有时候这是愉快的经历,但有一群人整天盯着你总是个心理负担。。。。我在上海期间,有五个人曾试图“上海”我(他们专挑欧洲人)其中一个人成功了(让我为一盘只值1欧元的菜付了30欧元)。” fYzZW  
V3[>^ZCA  
r(Y@;  
他把“上海”这个词当动词用 。 “上海”是什么意思呢? Zrp9`~_g<!  
q&@q /9kz  
我查了查, 才知道这个英文词有一百多年的历史了。 3M[5_OK   
%5/h;4   
大家猜一猜吧。
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
我随你
lili 离线

显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2011-08-10   
shanghai.. 敲炸?
燕双飞 离线
级别: 军长
显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2011-08-10   
伤害?
春天,不是季节,而是内心;云水,不是景色,而是襟怀。
iceberg 离线

显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2011-08-10   
拐骗
不是每只蛋在二十一天后都会孵出小鸡来,有很多事情光看开头是猜不到结尾的。
黄胖胖 离线
级别: 军区司令员
显示用户信息 
地下室  发表于: 2011-08-10   
敲诈?
海边一沙 离线
显示用户信息 
5楼  发表于: 2011-08-10   
敲竹杠
水做的鱼 离线

显示用户信息 
6楼  发表于: 2011-08-10   
没有人是一座孤岛,可以自全。每个人都是大陆的一片,整体的一部分,……任何人的死亡都是我的损失,因为我是人类的一员。因此,不要问丧钟为谁而鸣,它就为你而鸣。
maggie 离线
显示用户信息 
7楼  发表于: 2011-08-10   
长见识了
嫁给了猪猪的兔子
angela_whz 离线
显示用户信息 
8楼  发表于: 2011-08-10   
诱骗而强迫人做某事。
angela_whz 离线
显示用户信息 
9楼  发表于: 2011-08-10   
还有个解释是击昏或灌醉某人然后拐到船上当水手。
宝子妈 离线
显示用户信息 
10楼  发表于: 2011-08-11   
斩洋葱头,斩洋盘。80-90年代的小贩都这么说。
胡大夫 离线
级别: 军长
显示用户信息 
11楼  发表于: 2011-08-11   
我也觉得是伤害  

生活应该理想,梦想应该像样。
lotus 离线

显示用户信息 
12楼  发表于: 2011-08-11   
公布答案 =h Lw 1~  
/eO :1c  
大家猜的都差不多, angela的更是和正解几乎一字不差。 74p=uQ  
字典是这么说的: zG. \xmp  
1. To kidnap (a man) for compulsory service aboard a ship, especially after drugging him. >{HQ"{Q  
2. To induce or compel (someone) to do something, especially by fraud or force "A]Xe[oS  
^I CSs]}1  
不过, 我当初的直觉反映是,上海人的名声这么不好呀, 怎么欧美也地域歧视呢? UTLuzm  
大家是不是和我差不多呀 cfP9b8J G  
(rfR:[JkC2  
真相是, 这个词是从美国贩华工的人贩子的恶行而来 %A^ V@0K3  
qG<3H!Z!ky  
维基是这么说的 O ;dtz\  
“Shanghaiing refers to the practice of conscripting men as sailors by coercive techniques such as trickery, intimidation, or violence. Those engaged in this form of kidnapping were known as crimps. Until 1915, unfree labor was widely used aboard American merchant ships. The related term press gang refers specifically to impressment practices in Great Britain's Royal Navy. NlG~{rfI  
 UqwU3  
Shanghaiing predominantly took place in the Northwest United States. f~0CpB*X  
;#Y'SK  
The role of crimps and the spread of the practice of shanghaiing resulted from a combination of laws, economic conditions, and the shortage of experienced sailors on the American West Coast in the mid-19th century. <lo\7p$A  
Ap<kK0#h  
Crimps flourished in port cities like San Francisco in California, Portland and Astoria in Oregon, and Seattle and Port Townsend in Washington。On the East Coast, New York easily led the way, followed by Boston, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. 7a_tT;f;  
~stJO])a  
The practice was driven by a shortage of labor, particularly of skilled labor on ships on the West Coast. With crews abandoning ships en masse because of the California Gold Rush, a healthy body on board the ship was a boon. : [r/ Y  
QK`5KB(k'  
Shanghaiing was made possible by the existence of boarding masters, whose job it was to find crews for ships. Boarding masters were paid "by the body," and thus had a strong incentive to place as many seamen on ships as possible. This pay was called "blood money。" These factors set the stage for the crimp: a boarding master who uses trickery, intimidation, or violence to put a sailor on a ship。 IGQcQ/M  
 h/*q +H  
The most straightforward method for a crimp to shanghai a sailor was to render him unconscious, forge his signature on the ship's articles, and pick up his "blood money." This approach was widely used, but there were more profitable methods. EIrAq!CA  
ls*bCe  
Some crimps made as much as $9,500 per year in 1890s dollars, equivalent to about $220,000 in 2007 dollars. L]kd.JJvy  
S[ln||{  
The crimps were well positioned politically to protect their lucrative trade. The keepers of boardinghouses for sailors supplied men on election day to go from one polling place to another, "voting early and often" for the candidate who would vote in their interest.[citation needed] In San Francisco, men such as Joseph "Frenchy" Franklin and George Lewis, long-time crimps, were elected to the California state legislature, an ideal spot to assure that no legislation was passed that would have a negative impact on their business. _*m<Z;Et  
!w;oVPNg  
The most infamous examples included Jim "Shanghai" Kelly and Johnny "Shanghai Chicken" Devine of San Francisco, and Joseph "Bunco" Kelly of Portland. Stories of their ruthlessness are innumerable, and some have survived into print. ” nUy.gAb  
<1%(%KdN[  
简言之,美国淘金热的时候,水手都上岸淘金去了,船长们回程的时候没有足够的水手什么的,就买通了岸上酒吧的老板,把酒吧里面喝的醉醺醺的人偷偷弄到船上,马上开走,等酒鬼们醒了,已经在海上了。因为回程的船很多都是到上海去运华工的,所以时间久了就有了被"shanghai”的说法。的确是意指被骗的。 TF1,7 Qd  
8%ea(|Wjg  
干这个行当的人, 和被选举出来的政府官员勾结, 有的甚至自己就被选为政府官员。 所以, 这种公开绑票行为得以长期存在, 直到1915年才被制止 S<Os\/*  
[ 此帖被lotus在08-11-2011 04:12重新编辑 ]
我随你
山菊花 离线
级别: 班长
显示用户信息 
13楼  发表于: 2011-08-11   
shanghai  被骗  伤害 w5+H9R6  
757304693 离线
级别: 师长
显示用户信息 
14楼  发表于: 2011-08-11   
回 12楼(lotus) 的帖子