登录注册
社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : [转贴] Email from ????
lili 离线
级别: 论坛版主

显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2003-07-07   

[转贴] Email from ????

A couple from North Alabama decided to go to Florida for a long weekend to thaw out during one particularly icy winter.

Because both had jobs, they had difficulty coordinating their travel schedules. It was decided that the husband would fly to Florida on a Thursday, and his wife would follow him the next day.

Upon arriving as planned, the husband checked into the hotel. There he decided to open his laptop and send his wife an e-mail back in North Alabama. However, he accidentally left off one letter in her address, and sent the e-mail without realizing his error.

In Houston, a widow had just returned from her husband's funeral. He was a minister of many years who had been 'called home to glory' following a heart attack. The widow checked her e-mail, expecting messages from relatives and friends. Upon reading the first message, she fainted and fell to the floor.

The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived!

I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.
P.S. Sure is hot down here.
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
onecat 离线
级别: 营长
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2003-07-10   
haha, the English edition of this joke is pretty nice! i like this joke!
lili 离线

显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2003-07-10   
你有中文版本的?不妨贴来。咱们这有好几个姐姐是专门不看英文贴的。
每回贴英文的 , 都觉得老大的对不起她们。
六六 离线

显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2003-07-10   
你在说我吧?

我不看英文贴的理由:

字体太小,我老花;生字太多,懒得查;看一篇要用很多时间,我有这时间就去看点小说。

我发现我英文退步得一它糊涂了,常常连4级以内的都不记得了。

还不想补。
lili 离线

显示用户信息 
地下室  发表于: 2003-07-10   
星架坡 不用英文的说?
lili 离线

显示用户信息 
5楼  发表于: 2003-07-10   
66 小姐, 现在字够大了吗?
lotus 离线

显示用户信息 
6楼  发表于: 2003-07-10   
He was a minister of many years who had been 'called home to glory' following a heart attack.

漏洞, 教会里的人对死的理解是不同的。

奇怪,我怎么就会挑毛病? 
onecat 离线
级别: 营长
显示用户信息 
7楼  发表于: 2003-07-10   
我以前在哪儿看过这个笑话用中文。倒是第一次看英文版的。我觉得笑话是最依赖语言的了。外国人的笑话必须用英文看,中国人的笑话就得用中文讲。否则,你体会不出那种会心的笑来。比如这个笑话里头,最后一段,那个“丈夫”说: i have just arrived and have been checked in! 哈哈,他对那个以为是亡夫来信的寡妇还说他已经checked in!! Godness! 我喷!
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
3 * 6 = ? 正确答案:18
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交