主题 : 华盛顿邮报:一个中国茶馆里两个骗子的骗术
卡拉 离线
级别: 总版主

显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2008-07-30   

华盛顿邮报:一个中国茶馆里两个骗子的骗术

【美国《华盛顿邮报》网站7月27日文章】题:一个中国茶馆里两个骗子的骗术(作者 泰勒·柯里) e70*y'1fu  
-hfY:W`Dz  
  她很漂亮,这名年轻女子坐在上海市中心人民广场的长椅上。我们对视了一下,她向我招招手。我到上海已经5天。我是来这里工作的,孤身一人,也许太需要找个朋友。 1EB`6_>y  
$80/ub:R  
  这名女子的英语说得很好,我们开始聊天。突然过来一个男子,是她的朋友,他热情地问:“你是从美国来的吗?” [Y+ bW#'  
P]^] T}5  
  他们都在大学里学过英语,看起来二十几岁。那名男子说他是记者,而那个女人想从事酒店管理行业。我学不会念她的名字——朱晓贝(音),因此她把拼音写在了一张小纸片上,还附上了电话号码。 HRh".!lxy  
1Tkz!  
  朱晓贝说:“我们正要去一家很有名的茶馆参加一个传统茶道表演,跟我们一起去吧。”听起来很有意思。而且,这一男一女又聪明又和善,看来没有什么恶意。我毫不犹豫地跟着这两个陌生人去了。 \6L=^q=  
6jA Q  
  走了几站路,我们到了那家“有名的”茶馆。我不确定自己希望看到什么场景,但绝对不是这样的场景。这不过是一家俗气的购物中心旁边的一家小店。一个矮墩墩的女服务员领我们到了一个昏暗的包间。房间中间摆了一张低矮的桌子,上面放着茶杯和茶壶。其他的顾客一个都没有。 7?@v}%w  
S d -+a  
  朱晓贝坐在我的左侧,把凳子往我这边挪了挪,然后茶道表演开始了。我们品尝了六种不同的茶,还吃了多味南瓜子。男记者把女服务员对每种茶叶的描述翻译给我听。 OC.@C}u  
b9jm= U  
  茶道表演很有趣,直到结账的时候。那个男人看了看账单,嘟哝着说:“啊,太贵了。”我拿过账单一看,折合差不多200美元,比中国普通工人的月薪还高。 ru Lcu]  
cQb%bmBc5  
  但是我没有抗议,真恨自己是丑陋的美国人。而且我还想给朱晓贝留个好印象。于是我付了钱。 jeNEC&J  
v.J#d>tvf  
  我们离开茶馆的时候,朱晓贝说她累了想回家。她跟我说:“你答应过打电话给我哦!” AG%aH=TKp  
T9yW# .  
  晚上回到宾馆的时候,我突然觉得有点不对头。我的朋友们是不是跟茶馆串通好了?  }2"k:-g  
<taW6= ;c  
  第二天我打电话给朱晓贝。她接了电话但匆匆结束谈话,说一会儿再给我打过来。但她再也没有打过。我又打过去,这次她没接。 G3n7x?4m  
y+<HS]vyV  
  我愤怒了,上网一查才知道,类似的事件多如牛毛:漂亮女孩,私人包厢,高价账单。我得知中国警方已经破获了多起类似的骗局,但此类诈骗还是屡见不鲜,因为很多游客对报警说自己被骗了感到尴尬。我知道这种感觉。 ggWfk  
jiDYPYx;I  
  几天后,我又来到人民广场,一个年轻的女孩跟我打招呼,她穿着肮脏的衣服,面色苍白。她问我:“想看中国茶道吗?” r 6<}S(  
4G2V{(@QiZ  
  我来中国是为了赚钱,她也是,我有一种惺惺相惜的感觉。她看起来很可怜,从我这里赚到钱也着实不易,但我还是拒绝了她的邀请。我们握了握手,她跟我说再见的时候似乎如释重负。
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.”  -----  Henry David Thoreau
卡拉 离线
级别: 总版主

显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2008-07-30   
At a Chinese Teahouse, Two Pros Make a Con
By Tyler Currie |SmN.*&(9  
Special to The Washington Post W\ckt]'  
Sunday, July 27, 2008; Page P02 OZD/t(4?6s  
pY@+.V`a  
She is pretty, the young woman sitting on a bench in People's Square, a popular park in the center of Shanghai. Our eyes meet and she waves. J^T66}r[f,  
W*2SlS7  
I've been in Shanghai for five days. I am here for work, alone and maybe too eager to find a friend. kaLRI|hC  
L $~Id  
The woman speaks good English and we begin chatting. Suddenly a man, her friend, appears. Y|L57F  
l/5/|UE9  
"You are from America?" he asks with enthusiasm. YDwns  
]SI`fja/  
They both studied English in college and look to be in their mid-20s. The man says he's a newspaper reporter, and the woman wants to work in hotel management. I struggle with the pronunciation of her name -- Zhu Xiaobei -- so she scribbles it on a scrap of paper, along with a phone number. ~cz t=  
g`1i[Iu2  
"We're going to a famous teahouse for a traditional Chinese tea ceremony," Xiaobei says. "Come with us." Nx"?'-3Hm  
[iD!!{6+  
It sounds interesting. Plus, the man and woman are intelligent and engaging, and they seem harmless. I don't think twice before wandering off with a pair of strangers. 4$rO,W/&0  
M vCBgLN  
Several blocks away, we enter the "famous" teahouse. I'm not sure what I'd been expecting, but this isn't it. It's just a store in a garish shopping center. A pudgy hostess leads us to a dimly lit private room without windows. There's a short table at the center with stacks of cups and jars of tea. I do not see any other patrons. z&8#1'  
Q\Eq(2p  
Xiaobei sits to my left, pulling her chair close, and the ceremony begins. We sample six different teas and eat multi-flavored pumpkin seeds. The journalist translates our hostess's description of each tea. '1+ Bgf  
j(rFORT  
The ceremony is enjoyable until the bill arrives. The man takes the first peek. "Oh, very expensive," he groans. I grab the tab. It's the equivalent of about $200, more than the monthly wage of an average Chinese worker. l;ugrAo?  
bPEAG=l"-  
But I don't protest, loath to become the ugly American. I also have an impulse to impress Xiaobei. I pay the hostess. gQ[4{+DSf  
e;$s{CNo  
We leave the tea shop, and Xiaobei says she's tired and wants to go home. "You promise to call me?" she asks. ,>Q,0bVhH0  
- U|4`{PP  
Later that night in my hotel room, I get the feeling that something sinister has happened. Were my friends in cahoots with the teahouse? *4bV8T>0Z  
%9K@`v-  
The next day I phone Xiaobei. She answers but cuts short the conversation, saying she'll call back soon. But she never does. I call again. This time she doesn't pick up. FpEdwzBb<  
h7{W-AtM7_  
Angry, I Google the phrase "tea scam." The hit list is long and depressing. Numerous sites closely describe the events of my day: pretty girl, private room, inflated tab. Chinese police, I learn, have busted many scammers. But the popular swindle persists (mostly in Beijing and Shanghai), partly, it seems, because lots of tourists are too embarrassed to report that they've been fooled. I know the feeling. 7gkHKdJoMA  
>8##~ZuF+  
A few days later, I'm back in People's Square, relaxing, when a young woman says hello. Her clothes are dirty. Her face is pale and downcast. I know where this is leading. 4^r}&9C ~  
FVHL;J]nf1  
"Would you like to see a Chinese tea ceremony?" she asks. 3 V<8  
\[BnAgsF  
In a way, similar currents of opportunity have carried us to this moment. I'm in China to make money. She's hoping for the same. She looks pitiful, and it's hard to begrudge her for trying to make a buck, though I decline her invitation. We shake hands, and she seems relieved to say goodbye. x8^Dhpr6  
%A Fy{l  
Tyler Currie lives in Boulder, Colo. AMr9rBd  
&}oDSD H^,  
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/25/AR2008072501616.html?tid=informbox
“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.”  -----  Henry David Thoreau
pool1989 离线
级别: 军区司令员

显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2008-07-30   
仙人跳改茶道了~~~~~~~
我要你们 幸福微笑......
maggie 离线
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2008-07-30   
一声叹息~~~~
嫁给了猪猪的兔子